This post is sponsored by Abbott Nutrition, all opinions are 100% our own.
Today we’re back with our latest sponsor, Go & Grow by Similac Food Mix-Ins.
Inspired by how easy Mix-Ins makes it to add vitamins and protein to our kids’ favorite foods, we’re once again sharing a healthier twist on a classic kid recipe.
And, in case you missed our last post, don’t forget to visit the site for information on the product and store locators!
Visit this page to learn more
Here’s Kaley with recipe the details…
Summer is in full swing around here! That means warm, sunny days playing outside and cool treats all around.
While I love serving fun treats like popsicles for snacks, I also want to make sure my toddler is getting all of the nutrition she needs to grow and thrive.
Luckily, with Similac Go & Grow Mix-Ins, I can do just that.
I take my favorite all-natural yogurt and fruit popsicle recipe and add in a packet of Go & Grow Mix-Ins
The Mix-Ins help support her brain, eye and overall growth and development with their unique blend of DHA, lutein and vitamin E along with protein, fiber and other vitamins and minerals.
She can’t taste the difference, but she benefits immensely from the added nutrition.
My kids are ecstatic to get a yummy cool treat on warm afternoons, and I feel good about giving them a healthy snack packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
They actually prefer these all-natural yogurt popsicles to the sugar-packed ice cream treats from the snack stands.
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of fresh fruit purée
- 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
- 2 packets of Go & Grow by Similac Food Mix-Ins
- straws or popsicle sticks
- baby food freezer tray or other popsicle mold
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt and 1 cup of fruit purée. For instructions on making your own fruit purée check out our complete guide to Homemade Baby Food, and for lots of ideas on different, unique fruit combinations check out this post on Fruit Purées. For these pops, I used fresh strawberries, and blended them until they were very smooth.
- If desired, add honey to taste. (Approximately 2 teaspoons)
- Add 2 packets of Go & Grow by Similac Food Mix-Ins to the yogurt and mix well.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into a baby food freezer tray, or other popsicle mold.
- Put the tray or popsicle mold into the freezer for about 30 minutes, until the yogurt starts to get firm.
- Cut the straws in half (or into smaller pieces if desired) and place one into the center of each popsicle.
- Put the tray back into the freezer until popsicles are frozen through.
- Serve to your toddler on a warm, summer day.
You will probably want to make a few of these without the Mix-Ins so that you can have a few as well!
I only add the Mix-Ins to my toddler’s popsicles, since they are intended to help toddlers between 12 months and 4-years-old maintain balanced nutrition while they are learning to eat new foods.