Who We Are
Hi there, I’m Stephanie, momma to three young children and the founder and managing editor of Modern Parents Messy Kids (MPMK for short). Here my team and I provide inspiration to thousands of parents on living well.
Our motto, “mindful living, effortless style” translates to us helping you find the best tools to simplify and connect with your kids; including top-rated products, kid-friendly recipes, parenting tips and organizational hacks.
What We Do
At MPMK, we’re all about being in the moment and doing our best to live the good life – whilst always allowing room for imperfection.
To give you a better sense of us, below are 10 things you will (and will not) find here.
- You won’t find tips on keeping your kids tidy, but you will find instructions for building you very own creativity center as well as how to set up a sensory box in your living room.
- You won’t find a post on How I Organized My ENTIRE Life, but you will find quite a few tips for simplifying yours.
- You find won’t find complicated recipes, but will find our 10 Tips for Better Meal Planning. (Psst – you can also sign up for our newsletter and get our free 5 week meal plan – 35 dinners, no repeats!)
- You won’t find a post on teaching your baby to read (blech!), but you will find one on How to Talk to Your Kids.
- You won’t find a tutorial on how to dress like a Kardashian, but will find one on How to Build a 21-Piece Minimalist Mom Capsule Wardrobe.
- You won’t find reviews of the latest “must have” video game, but will find a recipe for the softest, best smelling DIY play dough ever as well as our famous Gift Guides– detailed descriptions of over 400 of the most engaging learning toys around.
- You won’t find any thoughts on how to throw the most elaborate (and expensive) kid party known to man, but you will find a few on establishing family birthday rituals.
- You won’t find narratives on what perfect mothers we are, but you will find one on How to Maintain Your Zen When the Kids Have Lost Their Ever-Loving Minds.
- You won’t find any posts pushing a single parenting agenda but you’ll see plenty, such as our Make Like a Montessori Mama series, exploring the spectrum of parenting and learning philosophies.
- You won’t find a recap of the latest TLC “reality” show, but you will find a virtual parenting book club.
Sound like your kind of people? Great, welcome to the club. We typically post around three times a week.
Plus, sign up to for our newsletter and we’ll send you something you can actually use in your daily mom life every week.
First thing you’ll get? A YouTube link demonstrating the secret hand shake. Not really – we respect you and your email and will never send anything spammy.
Meet the Team
I’m very fortunate to have these lovely ladies helping to make the well-rounded stomping grounds that are MPMK. Here’s an introduction.
Kristin is a former teacher turned children’s photographer in southern California. Visit her website to read all about her adventures in photography, cooking, and her love of style.
Janssen is a former librarian and avid reader who is always maxing out her library card. She now stays at home with her two-year-old daughter (with another girl on the way) and blogs about books for readers of all ages, her favorite recipes, and parenting adventures at Everyday Reading.
Jessica is a writer, editor, redhead and mom of four (none of them redheads), Jessica is eight years deep into the insane, sleep-deprived world of work-from-home mamas. Even when she has to hide in the bathroom to take a call from a client, she wouldn’t change a thing.
Kaley is a photographer who spends her days starting lots of projects and finishing few of them. She lives in Austria with her awesomely creative daughters and her amazingly understanding husband.
In the Press
MPMK has been honored to be featured by the following sites and publications: