*This post is sponsored by Abbott Nutrition, all opinions are 100% our own.
We’re back today with our latest sponsor, Go & Grow by Similac Food Mix-Ins and, inspired by how easy Mix-Ins makes it to add vitamins and protein to our kids’ favorite foods, we’re once again sharing a healthier twist on a classic kid recipe.
For quiet a while now I’ve been searching for a healthier dip to try to entice my veggie-averse kiddos to get some more greens. So I can’t wait to try this greek yogurt recipe inspired by the quintessential kid favorite, ranch dressing.
I’m hoping it’ll be just the ticket because, just like Kaley’s kids, mine want to eat all day long… except at meal time (it drives me a little crazy, honestly).
And, in case you missed our last post, don’t forget to visit the site for information on the product and store locators!
Visit this page to learn more
Here’s Kaley with recipe the details…
Toddlers are notorious for grazing all day, then not being hungry for meal time. This can be super frustrating for parents, who are trying to ensure their little ones are getting all of the nutrients needed to keep them healthy and happy.
Try to make sure that their snacks are as nutritious as possible to start. A great way to do this is to take some of their not-so-great snacks and substitute with something that tastes similar but has better ingredients.
And, if you feel like your child really isn’t getting the nutrients they need from their diet, you can add in a packet of Go & Grow Mix-Ins to help support brain, eye and overall growth and development with their unique blend of DHA, lutein and vitamin E along with protein, fiber and other vitamins and minerals.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are the very best thing for your child’s diet. But those aren’t always the most fun to eat.
Make it enticing by serving a variety of colorful veggies with a yummy, toddler-approved dip.
Your toddler will have so much fun dipping that they will hardly notice that they are eating vegetables!
- a variety of fresh, colorful vegetables
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Go & Grow by Similac Food Mix-Ins
- In a large bowl, add the greek yogurt, chopped parsley, chopped chives, onion powder and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. (These can be omitted completely if desired)
- Add one packet of Go & Grow by Similac Food Mix-Ins.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Serve with a variety of colorful veggies, cut into toddler size pieces.
I like to set this snack out in the afternoon, and let my 2 year old eat as much as she would like until dinner.
Then, if she decides not to touch any of the vegetables served with dinner, I can relax, knowing that she has already eaten plenty of veggies and gotten all of the added nutrition from the Mix-Ins.
Hint: This dip is so good you will want to serve it to the whole family so before adding the packet of Mix-Ins, split the dip into 2 different bowls, one for your toddler, and one for everyone else.
I only add the Mix-Ins to my toddler’s dip as they’re meant to help kids between 12 months and 4-years-old maintain balanced nutrition while they are learning to eat new foods.
I add extra salt and pepper to the other bowl, and let everyone enjoy this delicious snack.
More Mix-Ins Recipes from MPMK
Need help feeding your toddler?
Sign up for our newsletter to get a handy stick-it-your-fridge list of our favorite meals for toddlers and a link to all of the recipes!
Latest posts by Kaley (see all)
- Making Snowmen… Inside! - February 12
- Playtime: Valentine Fortune-Tellers & Knock-Knock Jokes - January 22
- Best Homemade Playdough Ever: Jell-O Playdough - April 25