Easter! Do you have your baskets ready yet?!
If not, no worries, get your 30 day free trial for Amazon Prime’s 2-Day Shipping and use our recipe for getting your baskets put together STAT:
- Check out this roundup of our resident children’s librarians’ all-time favorite Easter books and pick up your favorite
- Add one or two picks from our list of Easter toys that promote creativity
- Roll up and insert our free Easter play dough mats (see below)
- Fill a few plastic eggs with our super soft Jell-O play dough in fun colors and you’re done!
For more info. on #3 and #4, check out Kaley’s tutorial from last year…
I usually try to keep our Easter basket pretty simple, stay away from candy and sweets, and instead include art supplies or other creativity-boosting materials.
This year, I will be including my daughter’s all time favorite play dough, and a fun play dough mat to go with it.
This took me just about an hour to make (including making the play dough), only cost a few dollars, and will keep her entertained for hours. And the best part is there will be no post-Easter sugar crash from too much chocolate.
To make your own play dough eggs and play dough mat:
- Make a few batches of different colored play dough using my Jell-O play dough recipe.
- Roll a small chunk of playdough into a ball and place it into a plastic Egg.
Sign up for our newsletter here to have the Easter Play Dough Mats instantly sent to you:
- Print the free Easter egg play dough mats on plain white paper or cardstock.
- Either laminate the play dough mats or place them into page protectors.
- Put the play dough eggs and the play dough mats into your child’s basket.
The play dough mats will keep your little ones entertained for hours!
And the plastic eggs are the perfect way to store the play dough when it is not in use.
Just put all of the play dough filled eggs into an egg carton and keep them in the fridge. The playdough will last for weeks this way.
(One batch of playdough will make enough to fill 8 plastic eggs.)
That’ it! Sign up for our newsletter here to have the Easter Play Dough Mats instantly sent to you:
For more candy-free Easter ideas, check out:
Easter basket ideas
- DIY Wooden Watercolor Eggs
- Free Printable: Easter Memory Game
- Anatomy of a Creative Play Easter Basket
- Silly Putty Easter Carrot
- Water Bead Easter Eggs
- Books Perfect for the Easter Basket
- A Simple Handmade Toy for Baby’s Easter Basket
*Post contains affiliate link.
Jell-O Playdough - Softest recipe ever!
Sign up for our newsletter and get the recipe in a handy PDF to print and take to the store or use in the kitchen while whipping up a batch with your kids!