If you’ve never heard, can I introduce you to the concept of ‘dump cake?’ While the name is quite unflattering, the concept is genius!
The cake consists of several pantry ingredients and some eggs…involves a few stirs and about an hour in the oven. And all the busy moms rejoiced! Any time I have to make a dessert on the fly, it’s a dump cake.
This particular cake is of the pumpkin variety. And hold the term cake loosely, because this tastes like a pumpkin pie married a cobbler and had a baby. The pumpkin pie layer holds up, but there’s no flour in the mixture to make it a true cake.
Either way, serve it with ice cream and you’ll have everyone cheering your name.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. cloves
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, ‘dump’ all ingredients on the list from pumpkin puree through salt.
- Give it all a good stir and pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin filling.
- Sprinkle pecans over the cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter over all.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and allow to cool.
That’s it! Sit back and enjoy the accolades.
For more seasonal eats, check out our FREE 24 page PDF Thanksgiving Menu Planner!
Get Your Free Printable
Subscribe to our newsletter today and get our free printable... No More, "Mom, I'm Bored!"