My husband got an email blast the other day that made me laugh out loud. The gist was this, “Heads up guys, there’s no elementary teacher to help your kids make their Mother’s Day gift this year… it’s on you!”
If you have a suspicion your partner doesn’t have a thing planned, first, no judgement.
We’re all juggling what feels like a million things right now. Second, we’re here to save the day with some adorable DIYs that your kids can make in under 30 minutes this week.
Maybe your kids will be making them for you or maybe for their grandma or that special ‘grandmotherly’ person in their life.
Either way, the recipient of one of these gifts is going to be awed that someone took the time to make something for them. Then they’ll think, wow, this is something that I’ll use.
30 Minute Mother’s Day DIYs:
- If you need something to put in the mini-jewelry dish, try these perler bead necklaces. They are so easy to make and so on trend.
- This mini-jewelry dish made by Paper & Stitch is so adorable, I might make myself one if my kids don’t beat me to it. I love that you just can’t mess up the swirly paint design.
- Sharpie tie-dye bookmarks are so pretty and even younger children can make them. Happy Hooligans shows us this simple craft that looks more complicated than it is.
- I also love the idea of hanging this colorful key wind chime on my front porch. Inner Child Fun takes some very simple items and turns them into something beautiful.
- Metallic candles are quickly made and look oh-so-chic. Something Turquoise has elevated duct tape like none other.
- Christina’s Adventures gives us step-by-step instructions for a DIY that will have everyone saying ahhhhhh. The mason jar vase will be used for years to come.
- The first no-sew project is this tassle scarf by Happy Hour Projects. It’s so cute and I can also envision making with with old t-shirts.
- Speaking of old t-shirts, the second no-sew project is a t-shirt bag by Craftoholics. It’s so practical, I would use this as my grocery bag every week.
- Happiness is Homemade gives us a recipe for lip balm that is so easy to make. I love the presentation when you make several shades of pink.
Get Your Free Printable
Subscribe to our newsletter today and get our free printable... No More, "Mom, I'm Bored!"