I’m a morning person. I wake up at 5:00am to work out, I come home and enjoy a cup of simple black coffee. It starts my day out right and I’m packing lunches and making breakfast for the kids like a pro.
This leads into my work day where I’m ticking off my to-do list, preparing myself a healthy lunch and picking up the kids from school. That’s about the time I hit a wall.
It’s that afternoon slump that gets my every time. Instead of reaching for a snack that will only spike my insulin and then put me back in the dumps, I’ve been preparing a skinny coffee drink.
Sometimes I’ll do decaf on these if I think I might have trouble sleeping. But, being able to get that bump of caffeine gives me a second wind to super-mom it all the way to bedtime.
Here’s a list of my favorite skinny coffee drinks you can make at home:
- If you’re a chai fan like me, you’ll love the Light Almond Chai by She Knows. The additional of almond milk in lieu of regular milk keeps things light and fresh.
- iFood Real reminds us that the Skinny Vanilla Iced Coffee you love from Starbucks can easily be made at home. She makes it with almond milk, but a skim milk would work as well.
- When your sweet tooth just won’t stop, try the Skinny Caramel Frappaccino by What the Fork’s for Dinner. The presentation alone is enough to give you a pick-me-up.
- The Java Chip Smoothie sneaks in a bunch of spinach. Blessed Beyond Crazy promises you’ll never even taste it.
- The Vanilla Caramel Iced Protein Coffee adds protein to the mix so you’ll stay full until dinner. Try this low-cal treat from Skinny Fat Girl.
- I’m such a sucker for the chocolate mint combo (think Girl Scout Thin Mints.) The Skinny Mint Frappaccino by Amy’s Healthy Baking hits all the right notes.
- If you want to plan ahead and make afternoon beverages for the week or just invite some friends for a caffeine-happy hour, try the Slow Cooker Iced Honey Latte. Get Crocked infuses honey into the coffee by slow cooking it.