As the weather cools, there’s nothing like a big hearty bowl of soup to end the day.
I personally love setting up my crock pot, so I can come home to a simmering soup, just waiting to be scooped into bowls and topped with a crusty piece of buttered bread.
Even though this is where my heart is this fall, it may not necessarily what my kids would like for dinner. Let’s face it… chicken nuggets, pizza and mac and cheese will always rule.
But, what if we could come up with some kid-approved soups? What if the soups could please both parents and the picky palates?
I think we’ve done it with our round up of 9 kid-approved fall and winter soup recipes!
- Let’s start with Mac and Cheese Soup, since I’ve never met a kid that doesn’t love mac and cheese. This recipe is by Food Network.
- Food Network must know kids because they also introduced us to Chicken Nugget Soup, which I didn’t know was possible until now.
- Another kid favorite is pizza. Pillsbury has created Chunky Pizza Soup that is sure to please.
- Just a Taste knows my heart because their Loaded Baked Potato Soup is amazing. And whenever you add cheese and bacon, kids are there.
- If your kids love meatballs, they will love this Italian Meatball Soup by Recipe Tin Eats.
- I mentioned that crockpot soups are a fan favorite at my house. If that’s you, then you must try Slow Cooker Taco Soup by Slow Cooker Gourmet.
- If you’re short on time, try the 5 Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup by Budget Savvy Diva.
- You can’t go wrong with chicken noodle soup, but this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup by Natasha’s Kitchen is better than most.
- Pinch of Yum’s Lasagna Soup has been on rotation this fall and I love that I can use as a Meatless Monday meal.