Growing up, my mom always did such a fantastic job bringing the whole family together with all the classics for Easter brunch.
We always had deviled eggs, ham, scalloped potatoes and an assortment of salads. But, she would change up the desert and we loved it. Sometimes she would bake a cute Easter bunny cake. Other times she would make something with seasonal ingredients.
This year Easter is falling a little later in the calendar, which means strawberries are now in season. When I saw how perfectly red and juicy they looked in the grocery store, I decided I needed a strawberry-inspired dessert.
These cupcakes look and smell amazing. Plus they’re pretty easy to put together!
Creamy Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, gelatin, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and alternate with buttermilk. Blend on low and then fold in strawberries.
- Line the cupcake tin with liners and fill each about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and then top with Strawberry Frosting.
Whip 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream with 3/4 cup powdered sugar until peaks form.
In a separate bowl cream an 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup chopped strawberries.
Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
More Recipes from MPMK
Get Your Free Printable
Subscribe to our newsletter today and get our free printable... No More, "Mom, I'm Bored!"