Looking for a fun craft to do with your kids, that won’t add any more stress to the holiday season?
These little stars are festive, super quick to make, and just a little addicting. They are cute as ornaments, but work equally well strung together as a garland.
Plus, they are easy enough for the little ones to make them on their own (except for cutting the skewers) and would be a great handmade holiday gift for the kids to give to a grandparent or even a teacher.
And you likely have most, if not all, of the things you need to make a few of your own.
You will need:
- wooden skewers (or toothpicks)
- washi tape
- twine or string
- Cut the wooden skewers so that you have 5 small pieces, each about 2 inches long.
- Overlap the ends of 2 skewers, and tape them together with washi tape.
- Place the third skewer and lay it on top of the first two, overlapping the ends. Tape together with washi tape.
- Repeat step 3 on the opposite side.
- With your 5th skewer, place it underneath the star, and then tape the remaining 2 ends with washi tape.
- Tie a piece of string or twine through the star.
Repeat over and over with lots of different holiday washi tape and you’ll have enough ornaments to cover your tree or a pretty garland to string in a doorway.
For more fun holiday activities to do with the kids, check out:
Latest posts by Kaley (see all)
- Stop Cleaning While Your Kids Sleep – ASAP!! - March 27
- 13 Kitchen Science Projects to Blow Your Kids’ Minds - February 22
- 30 Breakfast Ideas for a 1-year-old - January 23