Did you nab yourself an Instant Pot during Amazon’s Prime Day?
If you did, you’re definitely not alone. Amazon reportedly sold over 215,000 of them on Wednesday!
If you bought one, or heard about this crazy contraption for the first time, this week- we want to help. Today we’re re-posting our post from last spring, it contains three thing:
- An introduction to Instant Pot
- 21 Family Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
- Our Favorite Instant Pot Cookbooks
Here’s Kristin with everything you need to know…
Instant Pot is a smart electric pressure cooker that speeds up cooking by 2-6 times using up to 70% less energy.
This crazy little tool is actually 7 things in 1– a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning Cooker, Yogurt Maker, and a Steamer/Warmer.
And did we mention? It’s basically a slow cooker on steroids– in that it cooks everything crazy, super fast! Green peas, sweet corn and baby carrots can be steamed in 2 to 3 minutes, fresh or frozen.
Just like the toaster and the microwave, the Instant Pot has become one of those kitchen essentials I can’t live without. A Godsend tool that truly makes my life easier.
If you haven’t caught on to the Instant Pot craze yet, you can this is a great one to get started with– trust me, it’ll be one of the best kitchen investments you’ve ever made.
Just about any recipe can be adapted into an Instant Pot recipe, but to make your life easier, we’ve compiled our top 21 favorite Instant Pot dinner ideas below.
Many of these are as easy as throwing a few ingredients into the pot and waiting 10 minutes for dinner.
Some of the recipes involve a couple of steps but, seriously, plan on cutting your dinner making time in half. (We’ve even included a couple of recipes for dessert!)
21 Family-Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
1. Taste of Hawaii Enchilada Casserole
2. EPressureCooker Pressure Cooker French Fries
3. EPressureCooker Chicken Soup and Rice
4. Serious Eats Chicken Chile Verde
5. Pressure Cooker Centre Beef Bourguignon
6. Health Starts in the Kitchen Shrimp Scampi Paella
7. EPressureCooker Chicken Alfredo
8. Flavored Chicken Tortilla Soup
9. Nom Nom Paleo Pressure Cooker Kalua Pig
10. Healing Gourmet Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
11. Pressure Cooker Today Sloppy Lasagna
12. Chef De Home Chicken Noodle Soup
13. Primavera Kitchen Pressure Cooker Beans
14. Pressure Perfect Cooking Sweet and Sour Chicken
15. Pressure Cooking Today Beef Stroganoff
16. Pressure Cooking Today Mexican Green Rice
17. Mess For Less Cheesy Broccoli Soup
18. Premedidated Leftovers Pressure Cooker Applesauce
19. Pressure Cooking Today Rice Pudding
20. Pressure Cooking Today Pressure Cooker Cheesecake
21. TidBits Homemade Yogurt
If you’ve felt inspired after clicking through some of our favorite recipes, check out some of our favorite Instant Pot cookbooks for even more ways to have dinner ready in a ridiculously short amount of time.
It really is life-changing once you get started.
Saving time in the kitchen lets you do so many other things! And with warm weather around the corner, it’s time to spend that extra time outside.
*Post contains affiliate links.
Need help feeding your toddler?
Sign up for our newsletter to get a handy stick-it-your-fridge list of our favorite meals for toddlers and a link to all of the recipes!
Latest posts by Kristin (see all)
- Halloween Recipe: String Cheese Bones and Blood - September 17
- Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life: How to Get Rid of Your Paper Piles for Good - September 5
- 6 Things Teachers Would Like to Tell Parents - August 22