One of my favorite New Year’s traditions is waking up late and staying in my pajamas.
My mother-in-law makes her famous cinnamon rolls. My father-in-law cooks eggs and bacon to order and we all enjoy mimosas while we watch the parade.
This year, I’m taking on the mimosas and we’re putting a little twist on things. Instead of the typical orange juice, I’m using ruby red grapefruit juice.
The color is so pretty and festive. I’m also getting fancy with some sage-infused simple syrup to balance out the tart. Give these a try this New Years!
- champagne or sparkling wine
- ruby red grapefruit juice
- sage leaves
- simple syrup
- fresh grapefruit for garnish
An hour before you’re making the mimosas, put fresh sage leaves in your simple syrup to infuse with flavor.
When you’re ready to serve, fill the glass almost halfway with champagne.
Fill the rest of the glass with ruby red grapefruit juice and about a tablespoon of simple syrup.
Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a sprig of sage.
*Post contains affiliate links.
More from MPMK
Latest posts by Kristin (see all)
- Parenting Styles: Remember the Best in Your Child and See It In Your Teen - October 8
- Spooky Halloween Sandwiches - September 20
- Must-Try: 30 Days of Doing with 4-H! - September 18