I mentioned last week that this is the first year our family is going to attempt some sort of New Year’s Eve celebration with the littles. Actually, a Happy Noon Year celebration may be what’s really on the docket.
Regardless of when we do it, one thing is for sure- a tasty non-alcoholic drink (or “mocktail” if you will) is definitely making it onto the menu.
Today Natalie is here sharing a few of her easiest tips for quickly whipping up your own signature mocktails…
The kids might not make it until the ball drops this year, but that doesn’t mean they can’t have some fun of their own before bedtime.
Why not add something bright to their sparkling juice to add a whole new layer of excitement to their New Year’s celebration?
A Few Tips:
- Use plastic champagne flutes. Kids (and let’s face it, adults, too!) can be clumsy with glasses they don’t use often. Plus, no one wants to clean up broken glass during a party. Pick up a set of plastic flutes like these to avoid catastrophe.
- Use light-colored juice. Candy that has food coloring (like the rock candy) will change the color of your juice. For the most eye-catching results, use apple, white grape or another light-colored juice. (Sparkling apple juice was used in the photos.)
- Cut the juice with water if you need to. If your kids go nuts when they have juice, you won’t want them wired right before bedtime (especially if you’re adding in the candy!)
- For a huge selection of fun candies, go to your local party store.
A Few Drink Ideas for Inspiration:
- Sparkling juice with rock candy or gummy bears (pictured)
- Sparkling juice with another favorite candy – Sour Patch Kids, Pop Rocks, gum drops, etc.
- Milk with a sprinkles rim
- Chocolate milk with whipped cream or whipped topping
Happy New Year!
*Post contains affiliate links.
More New Year’s Ideas for Families
- Family New Year’s Eve Idea: DIY Balloon Drop
- Free Printable: Family New Year’s Eve Resolutions & Year-in-Review
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Families
- New Year’s Eve Treat: Sparkling Jell-O Push Pops
- Top 10 Ways for Families to Celebrate New Year’s Eve
The Toy List Already Trusted by 7,000,000 Parents
Sick of spending your money on toys your kids play with for 5 minutes and then abandon to clutter up your house?
Check out the toy list you won't find anywhere else- full of high-quality, engaging toys worth your $$$!
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- A Full Month of Nut-Free Lunches - August 14
- Stock Your Kitchen with these Must-Have Foods for Cold & Flu Season - January 16
- Frozen Banana Pops, an Easy Summer Treat - July 13