I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I’m going to my first adult Halloween party in years and I’m super excited about my DIY costume.
That got me to thinking that there may be a lot of moms out there who could use some quick and easy ideas on how to throw together an easy costume for neighborhood parties, classroom parties, or just trick-or-treating with the kids. So I asked our contributor, Kristin, to throw together a list of costumes mom could throw together and she didn’t disappoint!
Here she is…
In an ideal world, we’d plan ahead and always be on our game- with work, with family and with school.
Need a dozen cookies for the bake sale tomorrow? Got it. Need a contract written for tomorrow’s meeting? No problem. Need to drop off three kids to three after-school practices? Easy. Need a costume for the Halloween party tomorrow? Panic!
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We’ve rounded up 11 of our favorite easy costumes you could pull together the night before Halloween. Some of them involve items you already have. Some involve a quick trip to the store and a glue gun.
11 Favorite Easy DIY Halloween Costumes for Moms
- Mary Poppins is a fan favorite. You can easily make her costume via Brit and Co. It even has an option for a husband to join in.
- All you need is a printer to create the Instagram puppy filter. TBO gives us this cute example.
- We also love this very clever idea of a school photo by Cup of Jo.
- Embrace Fall and look super cute in this scarecrow costume by The Joy of Fashion.
- Live out your little girl’s dream wearing a tutu and dressing as the Tooth Fairy. And this is another idea by Julie Ann Art that a partner could join in on.
- Julie Ann Art also says if you have a roll of tin foil, then you could be a Hershey Kiss.
- I think we can all agree pineapples are having a moment. Cosmopolitan shows us how to dress up like a pineapple!
- One of our favorite costume ideas comes from Brit and Co. This wind up doll is so cute.
- If your little is a Disney fan, consider dressing as Mickey Mouse. Say Yes gives us this example of matching with your ‘mini’ Minnie Mouse.
- Do you have a striped shirt? Take the easy route and create the girl version of Where’s Waldo. I love how Say Yes created this costume for mom but you can also rope in the whole family.
- Another idea for a striped shirt comes from Dress Corrilyn. Be a very chic French mime with the black and white striped shirt most of us own.
More from MPMK
The Toy List Already Trusted by 7,000,000 Parents
Sick of spending your money on toys your kids play with for 5 minutes and then abandon to clutter up your house?
Check out the toy list you won't find anywhere else- full of high-quality, engaging toys worth spending your money on!