Natalie’s back today with a really fun alternative to summer ice cream – frozen banana pops. I can’t wait to try these with S and C (and steal a few for myself too). The cream cheese breakfast versions are especially calling my name.
Let me just cut to the chase with you guys, you and your kids are going to love these pops. I know this because:
- bananas (small bananas will make 2 pops, large ones can make 3)
- spread- cream cheese*, yogurt, dark chocolate**, peanut butter, Nutella, Biscoff, whatever you like!
- toppings- oats, granola, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, crushed graham crackers, cookie crumbs, shredded coconut, sprinkles, chopped dried fruit, etc.
- popsicle sticks
- Prepare a cookie sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
- Peel bananas and cut off each end. Cut the bananas in half or thirds, depending on the size. Carefully insert a popsicle stick into the banana.
- Using a knife, spread your desired topping onto the banana. (For melted chocolate, yogurt, or thinner spreads, dipping may be more practical.)
- Roll the banana in your toppings (a shallow bowl or plate works well), using your hands to add more topping if your banana is curved. Place on the parchment paper. Repeat with remaining bananas.
- Freeze the bananas for 2-4 hours. Serve or place in a freezer bag for up to a week.