Headed to potluck after potluck this season? Looking for something that’s easy to assemble, festive AND healthy?
Veggie trays are a mainstay at parties year round, but I thought I’d add a little holiday spin to make things more interesting this year.
Since the Christmas tree veggie tray has been done (along with the holiday wreath, if you’re interested), I spelled out a universally-friendly word- JOY. This is great for work parties or any multi-cultural gatherings where folks are celebrating multiple holidays.
Here are a few tips for assembling your own holiday veggie tray:
- Place your dip bowl on the plate first, then build the veggies around it. A smaller bowl is best, unless you have a really large tray.
- Next, make the outline of the letters. Fill in the rest of the veggies around the letters. You don’t have to use broccoli, but I felt it was the best choice visually and easiest to play around with.
- Cut your veggies a little smaller than usual so they are easier to place on the tray and fill in any tiny spots.
- Make a double layer of the letters so they don’t get lost under the surrounding broccoli!
- To make the stars, simply use a star-shaped cutter on a yellow bell pepper. (You could do this with a knife as well, but that would take more time and probably more peppers, too.)
That’s it! Simple, festive and a healthy choice for any get-together.
Need help feeding your toddler?
Sign up for our newsletter to get a handy stick-it-your-fridge list of our favorite meals for toddlers and a link to all of the recipes!
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- A Full Month of Nut-Free Lunches - August 14
- Stock Your Kitchen with these Must-Have Foods for Cold & Flu Season - January 16
- Frozen Banana Pops, an Easy Summer Treat - July 13