The slow cooker is one of the most-used tools in my kitchen. I love being able to throw a meal together in advance and not have to attempt chopping vegetables while holding a small child (or fending one off at my feet).
Not every kid feels the way I do about the slow cooker, and I can understand why. Some slow cooker meals come out looking like a pile of unrecognizable mush (especially those that go from freezer to slow cooker- time-savers don’t always look appetizing).
Not to worry, though! I’ve compiled a list of meals that are slow-cooker home runs. These are meals kids are familiar with, but are made easier for us by using our favorite kitchen gadget.
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Corn and Potato Chowder
- Kid-Friendly Turkey Chili
- MPMK’s Taco Chili with Veggie Dipper’s and Cheesy Cornbread Toppers (plus pineapple upside down sundaes)
- Tomato Parmesan Soup
Meat (for Sandwiches or with Sides)
- Barbecue Chicken
- Sloppy Joes
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Italian Meatballs
- Barbecue Ribs
- Pot Roast
- MPMK’s Spicy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Jamaican Beef (This might seem like a stretch for your kids, but I included it because my own children love it so much! It is flavorful but not spicy and they eat it up! It’s written for the dutch oven, but I put everything in the crock pot instead and cook on low for 8-10 hrs or high for 6-8 hrs.)
Last but not least, be sure to check out one of our MPMK favorites, Chicken Satay Lettuce Cups (pictured above). You can even turn the leftovers into Thai Chicken Taquitos the next day for another easy meal. (And for even more help, check out this roundup of 5-Ingredient Crockpot Meals from The Frugal Girls.)
Looking for more great crock pot ideas?
When our friend and food blogger, Tiffany of Peanut Blossom guest posted for us with the amazing slow cooker chicken tacos above, she mentioned her love for America’s Test Kitchen’s “Healthy Slow Cooker Revolution.”
It has 200 light family-friendly recipes that have an emphasis on fruits and veggies.
Tiffany’s also reported that her family has been working their way through the entire trio of their slow cooker cookbooks over the last couple of years and have yet to experience one of their recipes bombing.
This set of books is their go-to resource for almost every weekend fall through winter and for many busy school nights.
Hot tip: Tiffany says she frequently doubles their servings to stock the freezer too.
*Post contains affiliate links.
Jell-O Playdough - Softest recipe ever!
Sign up for our newsletter and get the recipe in a handy PDF to print and take to the store or use in the kitchen while whipping up a batch with your kids!
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- Patriotic Pancake Stacks: A Fourth of July Breakfast - July 3
- Easy Summer Treats: Banana Pops - May 28
- A Full Month of Nut-Free Lunches - August 14