I recently took to our facebook page and asked what type of recipe posts you’d most like to see here.
MPMK reader Rebecca suggested a roundup of “cook once, eat twice kind of meals”. I replied, “I want those too!” because how brilliant is it to have dinner ready with no cooking on the second night?!
I put our resident food contributor, Natalie, on it and she didn’t disappoint…
Looking to save some time in the kitchen?
Double-duty dinners are a great way to cut down on extra cooking. You can make the major meal one night and use the leftovers to create a new meal the next night.
Perfect for vacation meal planning or back to school!
Many of these options start with a slow cooker, which is even easier yet.Take a quick look through these meals and you’re sure to find something you and your family will love.
- Crockpot Chicken Satay Lettuce Cups and Thai Chicken Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken and Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Oven Fried Cod and Fish Tacos
- Tandoori Chicken Kabobs and Tandoori Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Teriyaki (and FIVE ideas for leftovers!)
- Pork Roast and Pulled Pork Philly Sandwiches
- Street Tacos and Beef Quesadillas
- Pot Roast and Pot Roast Patty Melts
- Black Bean Soup and Enchiladas
- Spaghetti and Meatballs and Meatball Subs
- Chili and Loaded Baked Potatoes
- and BONUS: TEN 2-in-1 recipe ideas from Williams-Sonoma
Looking for more dinner inspiration? Check out:
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- A Full Month of Nut-Free Lunches - August 14
- Stock Your Kitchen with these Must-Have Foods for Cold & Flu Season - January 16
- Frozen Banana Pops, an Easy Summer Treat - July 13