- You know you’ve thought it, “even my 5 year old can make abstract art”. But have you ever tried it? It’s surprisingly difficult to produce something you’d actually be willing to hang on your living room wall. Luckily, Jordan over at Oh Happy Day has a professional artist hubby and she’s put together a fabulously detailed tutorial on how to do it right.
- Even though it truly is everywhere these day – I still really, really like chevron. And I’m loving how unexpected and subtle it is on this ceiling fan. It’s one of those projects so brilliant and well done that upon seeing it I practically yelled, “why didn’t I think of that?!”
- This idea of taking a paint pen to your favorite lamp is a very non-scary (and non-committal) way to freshen up a room. (Spotted by me at ohdeedoh.)
- This painted planter at aesthetic outburst is basically the same idea. I included it to illustrate that you can make something cool even if, like me, you can only draw very basic shapes and lines.
- Finally, there was a lot of positive buzz after I posted this melted crayon art project last week. This pinterest find is the grown up version (although I bet the kids will like watching you shove crayons through a glue gun almost as much as they enjoy melting them in the sun).
What do you think? Will you be trying any of these. Head over to the facebook page for a link to one more easy and colorful project.