Yesterday a good friend group texted me and a couple of our other mom friends to ask for our favorite DIY play dough recipe. Of course, I immediately replied with a link to our famous Jell-O play dough.
A few hours later she texted a photo of happy kiddos and my other friends were chiming in what a life-saver this recipe is when kids are home from school and there are lots of hours to fill.
A light bulb went off and I realized all of you might also benefit from a reminder about our best recipes for sensory play with winter school breaks looming.
Without further ado, here are our seven favorite, tried and true, MPMK recipes!
- Jell-O Play Dough – Softest and best smelling play dough ever!
- DIY Play Snow – So fun for making snowmen inside where it’s warm and toasty.
- Peanut Butter Play Dough – A fun, edible play dough your kid can happily nibble while playing.
- Dr. Seuss’ Oobleck Recipe – Pair it with the classic book for hours of giggles and fun.
- Ice Cream Play Dough – smells like ice cream, scoops like ice cream and even tastes a lot like ice cream but DOESN’T MELT like ice cream.
- Calming Lavender Play Dough – the perfect thing for helping the kids settle down after a long day.
- Rainbow Scented Glitter Slime – Slime that has glitter AND smells yummy, what more can you ask for?
For even more good ideas for keeping your littles happy, see our 2016 gift guide:
*Post contains affiliate links.