For the last couple of months I’ve been working behind the scenes on a big new project for MPMK. I didn’t want to say anything earlier for fear that it wouldn’t be done in time. But it’s almost done now and I couldn’t be more excited to share with you my upcoming eBook: Hands-On Holidays.
For me, the excitement of the holiday season seriously ramped up once I had kids. October through December are now my favorite months of the year. It’s just such a great time to make special memories with S and C, and their joy in participating in all the festivities just can’t be beat.
Because I want to cram in so many fun things, prepping for it all can be a little overwhelming. Planning crafts, activities, outings, and special recipes for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas can be quite time-consuming.
So this year I made it my goal to make it easier on all of us to enjoy the holidays with our kids. Hands on Holidays is 100 pages full of all of our very favorite ways to connect as a family over the holidays. And the best part is, nearly all the activities are very simple both in their preparation and execution. It’s all about spending quality time together and being creative in an open-ended way, not running all over town finding obscure craft materials to make a picture perfect project.
Here’s a peek at what you’ll find inside:
- Activity and outing suggestions for each season, including 18 Ways to Start a Halloween Tradition, 10 Ways to Practice Thankfulness as a Family, and an Advent Activity List: 24 Ideas to Count Down to Christmas.
- Lots of DIY decor Projects.
- Lots of Simple holiday themed crafts and sensory play activities.
- Recommended reading lists for getting ready for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- A collection of our favorite seasonal recipes to make with the kids.
- Plus bonus material like How to Use Halloween Costumes to Build Brain Power, ideas on what to do with all that candy, “Berry Merry” Teacher Gifts and more!
As I said, I’m working away diligently behind the scenes on this so I don’t have a solid release date yet. But I can tell you that I definitely want it to be out in time for you guys to take full advantage of it. Which means, keep an eye out, it’s coming very soon!
Need help feeding your toddler?
Sign up for our newsletter to get a handy stick-it-your-fridge list of our favorite meals for toddlers and a link to all of the recipes!