Between last year’s Sensory Box and Easy Handmade Gifts for Imaginative Play posts and this year’s DIY dress up box post, you’ve probably figured that I really like the idea of a homemade creative play box for Christmas. So it should be no surprise that I’m back today with yet another idea along those lines – the DIY Playtime Mail Center.
Playroom mailboxes have been popping up all over the web lately and it’s not hard to figure out why. Kids absolutely love getting mail and parents love how this theme promote literacy as well as sibling communication (picture secret notes and letters left for each other all day long).
The concept is a definite winner and there’s a plethora of ideas out there to help you build a playtime mail center all your own. I’ve listed a dozen of my favorite mail-related DIYs and products below. Pick two or three, bundle them in a pretty package (a large mail bag would be an extra special touch) and you’ve got a fabulous gift for under the tree.
- Etsy Vintage-Inspired Wooden Mailbox (no longer for sale but it never hurts to convo the seller and ask or get crafty and make your own) via ohdeedoh.
- DIY Letter Writing Kit
- Craft Project: DIY Retro Postage Stamps
- Playroom Mail Box at I am Momma, Hear Me Roar (the rest of this room is must see!)
- Etsy Play Mail & Mailbag
- Mailbox blueprint via Ana White.
- Melissa & Doug Mailbox and Mail Set.
- Fabric Post Card tutorial via The Artful Parent.
- Postcard printable via Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Printable Airmail Thank You Notes via How About Orange
- DIY Fabric Mailbox and Mail via Cook You Some Noodles.
- DIY Wooden Play Mailbox via Under the Table and Dreaming