I have a confession to make, I’ve sort of (OK I’ve really) let myself go in the fashion department since having kids. At first it was because of the post-baby bod… then it was because of my need for everything to be breastfeeding-friendly… when that was done I was pregnant again and the cycle started all over.
But no more, I’m finally excited about getting my cute back! The problem is I still don’t know exactly what to wear. So I’ve enlisted the help of MPMK’s newest contributor and freelance stylist Andrea to help me (and you!) find it. A former Manhattanite who worked for Micheal Kors, Andrea has some serious fashion chops and she’ll be popping in periodically to help us build our wardrobes with pieces that are versatile and comfortable but aren’t crazy expensive – the mommy trifecta.
On that note, are you guys familiar with shopbop? It’s pretty much the place to go for all things fashion online. Window shopping there can be extremely addicting and actual shopping has the potential to be pretty expensive. Fortunately, they’re having a rare site-wide 20% off sale running through Wednesday so I’ve asked Andrea to put together a summer essentials guide using their stuff. These are the foundation pieces worth spending a little more on, especially when they’re on sale. Here’s Andrea with the goods…
Looking to update your closet with the hottest summer essentials? Well, you’re in luck because our friends over at shopbop are offering 20% off your entire purchase now through Wednesday. Simply enter the code BIGEVENT at checkout.
Need some inspiration before you shop? Check out our 6 summer essentials here at MPMK.
- Aviator Sunglasses – The go-to-summer accessory. Need we say more?
- Statement Jewelry – Quickly add a pop of color and spruce up any outfit with this brilliant necklace from Dara Ettinger.
- Comfy Shirt (a good alternative to the splurge pictured above) – Comfort is key and stylish with a light linen sweater.
- A Great Bag – This perfectly classic canvas tote by Foley + Corrina will be by your side for years to come.
- Colored Jeans – In case you haven’t noticed, colored pants are all the rage this season. So, go ahead, get some color on those legs!
- Animal Print – Too shy to give this print a try? Opt for these subtle (and fun) sandals from Sam Edelman.