Headed to potluck after potluck this season? Looking for something that’s easy to assemble, festive AND healthy?
P.S. Speaking of Thanksgiving, did you hear what we’re doing to make your holiday shopping way easier this year?
Veggie trays are a mainstay at parties year round, but I thought I’d add a little holiday spin to make things more interesting this year.
Since the Christmas tree veggie tray has been done (along with the holiday wreath, if you’re interested), I spelled out a universally-friendly word- JOY. This is great for work parties or any multi-cultural gatherings where folks are celebrating multiple holidays.
Here are a few tips for assembling your own holiday veggie tray:
- Place your dip bowl on the plate first, then build the veggies around it. A smaller bowl is best, unless you have a really large tray.
- Next, make the outline of the letters. Fill in the rest of the veggies around the letters. You don’t have to use broccoli, but I felt it was the best choice visually and easiest to play around with.
- Cut your veggies a little smaller than usual so they are easier to place on the tray and fill in any tiny spots.
- Make a double layer of the letters so they don’t get lost under the surrounding broccoli!
- To make the stars, simply use a star-shaped cutter on a yellow bell pepper. (You could do this with a knife as well, but that would take more time and probably more peppers, too.)
That’s it! Simple, festive and a healthy choice for any get-together.
Jell-O Playdough - Softest recipe ever!
Sign up for our newsletter and get the recipe in a handy PDF to print and take to the store or use in the kitchen while whipping up a batch with your kids!