Having just survived a move with small children, a lot of my healthy eating habits seem to have flown out the window and I’m in somewhat of a lunch rut.
What better to pull me out than a delicious new recipe and a glimpse at how someone else tackles getting three squares a day, right?
Here’s Jen with the goods…
Sometimes I need to remind myself that organizing isn’t just about storing things in pretty jars with labels, or decluttering the front hall closet. Organizing is so much more than that, and encompasses every facet of life. What’s the point of having clutter-free junk drawers if you don’t have the time to properly organize your meals and prepare your day?
Super Powered Oatmeal Bars
- 5 medium ripe bananas – mashed
- 3 cups water or milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or other oil)
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or agave)
- 1/4 cup chopped dates (or raisins)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- small handful of each or some of the following: dark chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, pecans, walnuts, hemp seeds, shredded coconut
Need help feeding your toddler?
Sign up for our newsletter to get a handy stick-it-your-fridge list of our favorite meals for toddlers and a link to all of the recipes!