Let’s start the year out fresh. Let’s eat all the vegetables and prep healthy meals like it’s our full-time job!
I’ve embraced ‘Meatless Monday’ as a way to incorporate more greens and get in the habit of eating a little cleaner. This is my go-to recipe for Meatless Monday.
The kids love it and it incorporates an entire bag of arugula.
This is also a relatively inexpensive meal, so it’s perfect if you have extra guests. I just add a crusty loaf of bread or some rolls on the side and I’m good to go.
Garlic Lemon and Arugula Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- grated zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 6 cups lightly packed baby arugula (this is about a whole bag)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
In a skillet, combine the panko with 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss to combine. Toast over medium heat, stirring, until the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes. season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a small bowl.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes (if you like spicy, leave it out if you don’t) and cook for 10 to 12 minutes to infuse the oil and gently cook the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon zest and remove from the heat.
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until al dente.
Drain the pasta well, and transfer to a large bowl. Immediately add the arugula, the infused oil with the garlic, and the bread crumbs. Use tongs to gently toss everything together.
Mound the pasta on a large platter, squeeze lemon juice on top and serve, topping with grated Parmesan as desired.
We hope you and your family loves this dinner, and speaking of dinners…
Who’s up for a totally free meal plan just in time for summer?!
I realized recently that a lot of you don’t know about one of our coolest freebies here on MPMK.
It’s a deluxe 5 week meal plan that includes:
- 5 weeks with seven dinner recipes each – no repeats!
- 5 shopping lists (one for each week), categorized for convenience
And the best part is the meals are kid-friendly, nutritious and not-overly complicated… It’s just what you need for an easy breezy summer.
Get your meal plan by clicking above and enjoy!
Latest posts by Kristin (see all)
- Parenting Styles: Remember the Best in Your Child and See It In Your Teen - October 8
- Spooky Halloween Sandwiches - September 20
- Must-Try: 30 Days of Doing with 4-H! - September 18