When I think of spring I think of two things: spring cleaning and spring showers. So right now seems like a great time to do some organizing and pull together a family game basket for rainy afternoons.
Said basket would also come in handy for Family Game Night – a tradition I’d love to get started around here now that the kids are getting old enough to enjoy the fun.
We already have a few favorite games of our own but I’m always on the lookout for more to keep all the kids interested as they get older.
Plus a quality family game would be a great idea for the Easter basket. I asked our Facebook followers about their family favorites and they came up with a rather extensive list.
Here’s what they came up with (along with our family’s personal favorites in bold):
- Eboo Preschool Lotto Game
- Make ‘N’ Break – Family Game
- Richard Scarry’s Busytown
- Settlers of Catan
- Twister (great for getting the wiggles out!) and don’t miss The Wonder Forge Dr Seuss Super Stretchy ABCs
- Go Fish (we love this version based on colors – perfect for pre-readers)
- Let’s Go Fishin’
- Connect Four
- Don’t Break the Ice
- Apples to Apples (Family edition and also Disney edition – which my kids would love!)
- Mouse Trap
- Checkers (Jumbo version)
- Yahtzee (and Jr. Toy Story version)
- Candy Land
ESPECIALLY FOR THE YOUNGER SET
- The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game
- Snail Pace Race
- Pass the Pigs (I remember this one from when I was little – so fun!)
- Chutes and Ladders
- Super Why ABC Letter Preschool Game
- Cranium Hullabaloo
- Doodle Dice
- There’s a Moose in the House
- Scrabble Alphabet Scoop
- Sequence for Kids
*Post contains affiliate links
More from MPMK
The Toy List Already Trusted by 7,000,000 Parents
Sick of spending your money on toys your kids play with for 5 minutes and then abandon to clutter up your house?
Check out the toy list you won't find anywhere else- full of high-quality, engaging toys worth spending your money on!