Ahhhh…Fall. The leaves turn, the nights grow shorter, and the weather cools. It can all only mean one thing: Carnival season!
Candy apples, petting zoos, and midway prizes. Oh my. I love me a Fall carnival. (A little too much, actually.) So I thought it would make the perfect play theme to kick-off fall.
And no carnival would be complete without a few carnival games. Am I right? We started things off with this DIY, no-sew target throw.
To make, all you will need is:
- Three sheets of felt (one yard in one color, a half-yard in another color, and a 1/4 yard in a third color)
- Three ping pong balls
- Sticky velcro (half-yard)
First take your yard of felt and cut one small circle (5 inch diameter) out of the bottom of the fabric. Then cut off the remainder of the scraps, making a straight line across the bottom (or decorative edge, like I did).
Next, cut a large circle (15 inch diameter) out of your half-yard fabric, and a medium circle (10 inch diameter) out of your 1/4 yard fabric.
Then using your Fabri-tac, glue the pieces together to create your target.
Finally, stick your velcro to the ping pong balls (only the rough side). And you are ready to play! The outside felt is 1 point, the large circle is 5, middle is 10, and the small is 20.
Toys and Books to Help
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- 20 Organization Projects to Make Back-to-School a Breeze - August 3, 2016
- Mother’s Day DIY Mug (You can call me Queen Bee) - April 21, 2016
- 12 Ways To Make Mornings With Kids Easier - October 29, 2015