Homemade playdough – If ever there was a quintessential DIY this is it! Parents and children have been happily cooking up this stuff at home for decades. Today our newest contributor Kaley is sharing her favorite play dough recipe using another kid classic: Jell-O (because it just wouldn’t be an MPMK post without some sort of twist).
You will need:
- white flour – 1 cup
- warm water – 1 cup
- salt – 2 tbsp
- cream of tartar – 2 tbsp
- cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Jello – 1 3oz pack
Oh, and if you’re looking for some good tools to use while playing with your dough – this set is our favorite!
- Christmas DIY play dough, aka Indoor Snowmen – actually a very different texture than traditional playdough (sticks together more like snow) and uses only 2 ingredients.
- Homemade play dough alternative #2: Dr. Suess’ Oobleck – a DIY slippery, slimy activity that kids love and comes complete with a classic companion book.
- Homemade play dough alternative #3: Rainbow Scented Glitter Slime – an alternative DIY slime recipe that engages multiple senses.
- Homemade Peanut Butter Play Dough
- How to Reap the Many Benefits of Play dough – a brief primer on play dough play tools and benefits.
Latest posts by Kaley (see all)
- Halloween Dinner the Kids Will Love: Jack-o-Lantern Stuffed Peppers - September 16, 2016
- 27 Must-Know Tips for Happy Family Travels - July 13, 2016
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins Your Kids Will Love - June 28, 2016