Note: This post was initially written in 2014 but it was so popular we’ve updated it with a 2015 – 2016 version for this year! See below for the link.
The time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve seems to get shorter every year. How is it possible that we can easily countdown the final days of 2014 already? Whether I’m ready or you’re ready, the end of the year is quickly approaching.
It’s just about this time when I always ask myself: Should I make New Year’s resolutions this year? And if I’m making that plunge, which goals are both aspirational and approachable?
This year we’ve come up with a simple tool to help you and your family make some goals for this year while reminiscing all the happenings of last year.
At our house, we’ve been chatting over dinner about our favorite memories of 2014 – our first family trip to the ocean, big milestones in sports and other activities, loose teeth and braces – and we’re excited to have somewhere to record it all.
It really is amazing how fast each child changes in just the space of a year.
Helping our kids to share all of their experiences and growth makes them real, and fun, and sets us all on the road to fabulous new adventures in 2015.
Use this free printable to start conversations about goal setting and using small steps to reach them.
These printables make great memory keepers from the year as well as easy references for family fun ideas to put on the calendar for 2015 too!
More New Year’s Ideas for Families
- Family New Year’s Eve Idea: DIY Balloon Drop
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Families
- New Year’s Eve Treat: Sparkling Jell-O Push Pops
- Top 10 Ways for Families to Celebrate New Year’s Eve
Latest posts by MJ at Pars Caeli (see all)
- Free Printable: No More “Mom, I’m Bored!” - May 9, 2017
- Free Printables Pack: First Day of School Signs - August 17, 2016
- Free Printable for Growing Bookworms: Kids’ Reading Scavenger Hunt - June 22, 2016